Who We Are : Our Story

Our Staff Our Locations
Our Beginning
Geer Funeral Home, 1939 photo

Worden E. Geer established the Geer Funeral Home in 1939 on the same location where the First Baptist Church of Ypsilanti was once located. Upon his retirement in 1979, Mr. Geer sold the funeral home to James A. Logan Jr. who was actively involved in numerious community organizations. Unfortunately, Jim Logan died of cancer in 1983 at the age of 26. His wife Sandra Rogers Logan along with her licensed manager continued to operate the funeral home.

In 1985, Sandy's dear friend and mentor in funeral service,  Rich Goodnuff introduced her to Christopher S. Janowiak, a funeral director in Michigan for 9 years. A year later, Chris bought into the funeral home and formed a partnership with Sandy. On March 7, 1987, Sandy and Chris decided to get married and together with their 3 children; Christopher II, Geoffrey and Kelsey established what is now the Janowiak Funeral Home, Geer-Logan Chapel.